Friday, November 16, 2012

Fresh Orange Muffin



I have developed a love for oranges, I have never been a fan of any fruits since young; my palate has changed so much this year as I aged. And also of late I have also been nuts about baking and I literally bake everyday after I returned home from work. Today, I decided to bake something simple and associated with oranges. 

Recipe adapted from www.food.com

Makes about 9 Muffins

Ingredients:
1 Orange, quartered and seeds removed ( with peel) I cut off the top and bottom of orange and the white part.
1/2 Cup Orange Juice (You need 1 1/2 Oranges for 1/2 Cup of Juice) 
1 Large Egg
1/2 (113g) Cup Butter 
1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose flour
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

1.Preheat oven to 200C(400F); spray a muffin tin (12) with non-stick cooking spray or put in muffin cups and set aside.
2.Put orange quarters in food processor (or blender) along with orange juice and process or blend until pureed.
3.Add egg and butter to food processor and combine; pour into large bowl.
4.Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then add all at once to orange mixture.
5.Stir to combine. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
6.Bake in preheated oven for 20 min.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...