Sunday, August 28, 2011

Non-Affiliated ATM charges

I enjoyed the facilities and convenience of the EFTPOS in New Zealand(we called in NETS in Singapore), it is so convenient that you can even make payment using EFTPOS even though the amount is $1 plus. In Singapore, the minimum payment is $10 and the service is not available is small diaries stores. In NZ, even the coffee van has the EFTPOS machine. Besides that I also enjoyed one of the services, you can "withdraw" or "cash out" money from the stores when you can't locate an ATM...it is the wonderful part. As a result of this conveniences, I hardly carry any cash in Auckland. My wallet has less than $5. Last Friday, I had a haircut appointment and decided to withdraw cash before I go for my appointment. As I was in shorecity, unfamiliar with this shopping mall..can't seee an ASB ATM in my sight. Instead there was a National Bank of New Zealand ATM around so I headed there to make my cash withdrawal. This afternoon, I went to ASB ATM to print out a statement and I was surprised to see a bank charge of $0.75 for using a non-affiliated ATM for my cash withdrawal on Friday. That was ridiculous..making a withdrawal of NZ$20, a bank charge of NZ$0.75 which was 3.75%. This bank charge was really high, it has totally put me off. The charge in Singapore is S$0.30, here is double of Singapore. I swear I will never use non-affiliated ATM ever again..


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...