Friday, September 17, 2010

Honey Soy Chicken Pies

Tony and I have agreed to eat pies with green salad tonight. The pie maker which I won from Foodtown came with "101 Great Pie Ideas" Recipe Book...this pie maker can also use to make  Damper, Muffins and Cakes. The recipe I was trying out was Honey Soy Chicken Pies. I did some modification by adding slices of hardboiled eggs into the pie. I would like to share the recipe with all of you as the recipes are all very simple. You can still make pies without pie maker too.
Recipe Adapted from Sunbeam Pie Maker "101 Great Pie Ideas".

Ingredients:
(The quantities given below were for 4 pieces of pies using the pie maker)
2 Tablespoons of Vegetables Oil
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
1 Teaspoon grated Fresh Ginger
250g Chicken Mince
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 Tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Red Capsicum, chopped finely
1 Hardboiled egg, sliced it (I added egg to my pie as this is not part of the recipe)

1. Heat oil in a frypan. Cook the garlic and ginger for 1 minute.
2. Add the Chicken mince and cook stirring until the mince just start to turn white.
3. Add the capsicum and cook for a further 1 minute.
4. Add the honey and soy sauce and cook for further 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Spoon the filling into the pie pastry and I cooked the pie in the pie maker for 7-10minutes.
As per recommendation from the Sunbeam Pie Magic, they recommended using Shortcrust pastry for the base of the pies and Puff Pastry for the Top of the pies.


*** The Filling-Honey Soy Chicken is actually very nice and you can actually cook that as a dish to go with boiled rice.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

u r getting v "pro" w your photography.... :)
YOur pies makes me hungry leh, although I just finished my pack of fried mee hoon for my bf! haha

Unknown said...

Get a pie maker too and u can pack them for your Bento...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...