Monday, February 21, 2011

My Miso Soup

When I was back home, I asked my mum for her recipe of  minced pork with bean paste and mushroom, when she cooked this dish at home I love to eat it with plain porridge. Her secret was the use of miso paste instead chinese bean paste. I asked her for advices on the steps of cooking it and hopefully to cook here. Last week, I was at Countdown doing my groceries shopping and came across Miso Paste at the Japanese Section and that reminded me of my mum's pork  with bean paste and mushroom which I asked my mum to teach me. Without hesitation, I grabbed one into my shopping cart. (Usually I would hestitate for awhile if I was buying sauces which I never use before)

Today, I decided to use the miso paste to cook miso soup for our dinner before trying out to cook my mum's minced pork paste with mushroom. The miso soup I cooked this evening was different from those served in Japanese Restaurants. There were no seaweeds in my miso soup and there were alot of ingredients in my miso soup. Below were the ingredients I used for my miso soup-a seafood and vegetables miso soup. It was very easily to prepare. You can create this dish with the ingredients you like.

1. Put 100ml of Dashi Concentrate Stock on a pot together mix with 1 litre of water to boil.
2. Once the water boil put in the minced pork and stir it.
3. Next put in lotus roots, cabbages, chicken, prawns and crab stick except the Egg Tofu.
4. Once it boils, stir in 2 teaspoons of MISO paste and mix well. Taste and ajust according to own preferences.
5. Lastly, put in the mushrooms.
6. Do not put in the egg tofu into the pot as it will turned mushy. Just put them into a bowl (which you are using to serve the soup) before scooping the miso soup onto it.

With so much ingredients  the soup was so tasty that no salt or soy sauce is required.


1 comment:

Katherine said...

我肚子很饿了, 看到这个更想快点回家煮饭吃! 哈哈!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...