Sunday, February 20, 2011

Catching up with my Bestie-Katherine

I have this 2 persons in my list which I told myself no matter what I MUST definitely meet up this trip home, they are my best friends-Katherine and Liyi. They knew one another. It would be great if I can meet them at the same time, then we will be able to have some crazy jokes and time together. He has been defined as our "Sister" by Katherine as he behaves like one of us.  As Liyi was working that afternoon and did not want to take MC to join us as he just returned back from Malaysia for CNY celebration. He felt that it was ungrateful for him to do that, his manager was kind enough to grant him leave to go home. Katherine and I met up without him. I have met up with him on the 2nd day when I was home and has also arranged to meet up again just before I go back to Auckland.
Though Katherine was there to receive me in the Airport when I arrived but that was not good enough so we have arranged to meet on the 4th day of Chinese New Year which was on a Sunday despite our commitments on visitation during CNY. We decided to settle for Osaka Town in Raffles City Shopping Centre, the restaurant served Okonomiyaki which is all's (Katherine, Wallace and me) our favouite. Eversince the stall at Takashimaya's basement closed down, we have not been unable to locate a good one. Kat suggested this restaurant.



We had a lovely time catching up over this lunch session. The curry noodles and Okonomiyaki served here were nice and I will go back there again, hopefully it is still there when I return the next time round. Kat and I were also busy snapping photos for our blogs when the food arrived, while the 2 poor men can't wait to have their food to fill their stomach. To us, all these were very precious moments which need to be documented down.


After lunch we still care bear to part as it has been more than half a year since we last catch up. We suggested to go "拉Kopi" which meant to go for Coffee. As we did not want to venture far and saw this tart cafe in the vicinity of Osaka Town, we did hestisate abit cause we were not sure if they serve Coffee. I am a coffee addict, needed coffee to keep me awake after a heavy lunch. Patrick saw their menu and confirmed it does serve coffee,  we settled for this cafe. Tarts were a good choice for dessert too. 
There were just so much for both of us to catch up, Patrick joined in as well while my poor son sit quietly at one corner enjoyed his music. I was glad that he was patient with us and did not kicked up a fuss wanting to go back. He has just grown up so much.

After this coffee session, we even proceeded to the Supermarket together where Katherine recoomended me some Japanese BBQ sauce and Japanese Fried Rice mix to bring back to Auckland. Not only that, after supermarket I accompanied Katherine to buy 2 dresses while Patrick accompanied my boy to get his earphones before we finally parted. It was wonderful to be able to catch up with Katherine, there were alot of things we confided with one another. At times, we wrote to another through Facebook or emails. We have this strong chemistry between us though our characters are totally different, it just bonds and glues us together despite the differences of characters. Our friendship has comes a long way and will continue though we are now stayed in 2 different countries. Cheers to our friendship, Katherine! And I love you, my dear friend!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Thanks for writing this... :) I was so touch, nearly want to cry liao lah.... :)
Ya, still dun understand why can click w you.... even my mum & dad also dun understand... wahahahaha...
my parents ask you to take care.... :D

Unknown said...

Chemistry is something hard to explain....

Katherine said...

hee! ya, and I kind of like one of the pictures we took together... :)

Unknown said...

Because we both looked slim and pretty man! Swee Swee Boh Ciao Chwee Yah...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...