Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lake Taupo to Auckland (Part 3)


Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich @ Replete Cafe

We checked out the motel the following morning, after last night terrible dinner experience Tony and I decided to give ourselves a good breakfast. We went to Replete Cafe (this is a cafe and kitchenware store), it was the only cafe that was packed with people. The food here must be good. We decided to go in to this cafe, usually Tony does not like to wait at packed restaurant or cafe, that morning was exceptional maybe after last night bad experience. We got a table shortly after we placed an order. I had a pre-prepared Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich, as usual Tony had his favourite Egg Benedict. It was a really good breakfast treat for us. Good quality of food and service. After our breakfast, we even shop at their kitchenware store, which we bought their Rocket Fuel sauce and 6 mini pie pan.


My New Baking Toys

After breakfast, we did shop around Taupo for awhile, but nothing caught my attention and we continue our journey back to Auckland. Tony asked if we should stop by one of the attraction-Huka Falls.  The Huka Falls are the largest falls on the Waikato River, near Taupo on New Zealand's North Island which Tony think that I should see as I have not travelled/visited many places in New Zealand since I was relocated here. It is the most visited natural attraction in New Zealand. The Huka Falls are a set of waterfalls on the Waikato River that drains Lake Taupo in New Zealand. And Lake Taupo is  the largest freshwater lake in all of Australasia. Because of the cloudy weather, I did not have a photo of Lake Taupo to show. Luckily, the photos which I took at Huka Falls were better though not fantastic as I would like it to be. The water is so crystal clear that you feel like dipping in. It is definitely worth a visit if you are in New Zealand!





There are some activities you can do around Huka Falls, and one of them is Huka Falls Jet.  Tony asked me to go for it but I do not want to get wet and was not mentally prepared to do that that morning so I declined it.



We continued our journey back to Auckland, the weather got better and better as we headed North. Managed to snap some photos inside the car of the scenic drive back home. Actually, seeing that the weather was good Tony wanted to make a detour to bring me to Rotorua but I again declined as I was just not in a mood to be a tourist doing sight seeing at that point. Sorry, Tony to deline your good intention. Our journey continued for another 2hours or so, and we were in Auckland and back to our home sweet home! Though it was a really short trip and it was definitely worth it!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...