Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Miso Braised Pork Chop


We have a slow cooker at home but I have never use it.  Tony has bought it  prior to my relocation. Decided to make use of it (though I don't know how to use it), as I do not want it to become an white elephant just like the coffee maker we had in the house. As usual, I scoured the internet for recipes and this Miso Braised Pork from All Recipes.com caught my attention. Tony loves Miso and I have some leftover of  Miso paste in the fridge, I should make use of it before it turned bad.

Recipe was adapted from All Recipe.com with some slight modificaton. For original recipe, please click here.


Serving for 3
3/4 Teaspoon Oil
565 g pork butt (shoulder roast) cut into 2-inch slices
1/4 teaspoon  Minced garlic
1  1/2 Teaspoons Minced ginger
1/2 cup water(120 ml) Water, more if needed
1 Tablespoon and 1 Teaspoon Soy sauce
1 Tablespoon and 1 Teaspoon Brown sugar
3 Tablespoons White (shiro) Miso
1 Onion, cut into slices (My modification)
1 Cup of Mixed Vegetable (My modification)

1. Heat  oil in a  pan over medium-high heat until hot. Sear pork slices until well browned on both sides, then remove.
2. Stir in the garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and sautee  for 1 min. Add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, and miso; bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the pan to dissolve the caramelized juices.
3. Place pork into pot, add additional water if needed to cover pork with the sauce. Then, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 3 hours until the pork is tender, and the sauce has thickened.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...