Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cream Cheese Cookies



Of late, I have been craving for food that has cream cheese. Just don't know why, I am not pregnant though, would really love to be pregnant as I would love to have a half Kiwi and half Chinese baby girl; I have been feeling quite lonely here in New Zealand. My craving may be due to me feeling quite low, dad had a bad fall shortly after I returned to NZ in June. It was a bad fall and broke his hips bone, in coma and was recovering then got a MRAB virus infection and was back to hospital again. Has to be quarantined. His condition has been up and down, he is in his eightines so days are numbered. It has somehow hit me badly. He was the one that stop my mum for giving me up for adoption as we were from a not well-to-do family. I was the 5th daughter in the family with 4 elder sisters and 2 younger brothers. My bonding with my dad was quite strong though my parent were divorced, however each of them are taken care by their daughters staying around the same district. I have been in touch with my sisters almost daily on his condition and has never been so ever ready to fly back should his condition becomes worsen. Thank God! Got the news that he is recovering well now and should be able to discharge soon, the stone in my heart has just been lifted and was in a mood for baking to celebrate his recovery!
   

Recipe was adapted from food.com

Ingredients:
1 Cup (225g) Butter, softened
1 (3 ounce=85g) Package Cream Cheese, softened
1 Cup (200g) Sugar
1 Egg yolk
1/2  Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 Cups flour

1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees. Lined a baking tray with baking paper.
2.In a large bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
3.Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
4.Stir in flour until well blended.
5.Drop dough by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet (or use a cookie press). If desired, make an indentation in the center with your thumb or other object; fill with preserves, or press candy into center.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven or until it turned lightly brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...