Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Golden Barbecue Noodle House

Last Sunday, we planned to have Dim Sum for brunch at HKD (Hong Kong Delight) at Dominion Rd. We went there without booking, we were told to share a table with other, though there were empty tables around. Tony was against it as I was pretty comfortable with sharing. Tony decided to dine elsewhere. We drove around and decided to dine at Golden Barbeque Noodle House at Dominion Rd. We dined in this restaurant once, the food were nice with reasonable pricing.

While taking my order of Curry Chicken Noodle, the waitress asked me a fuuny question. How do I want my Curry Chicken Noodle to be served-in Soup or Dried???? I never have this question throwed to me. I answered her "with soup". She left me puzzled if I have made the correct choice, Curry is usually cooked and served with thick gravy so i supposed "soup" mean in "thick gravy unless otherwise. I was full of anticipation how my dish was going to turn out.




Curry Chicken Noodle with Soup


When my Curry Chicken Noodle was served to me, I realised what she meant after seeing the bowl bought in front of me. The noodle was served with chicken broth topped with curry chicken gravy, which they called it Curry Chicken Noodle in soup. Hahaha...in Asian countries, it is just serve with Chicken Curry gravy. Before I tasted it, I was not confident it will be good as it looked kinda of weird to me. To my surprise, it turned out to be delicious and yummy. Never judge a book by its cover..By the way, the curry is also slightly diiferent from asian curries as it was cooked without coconut cream and they cooked with a lot of onions which is quite unusual in asian curries. Guess it is a matter of getting use to it.

 

BBQ Honey Pork
This noodle house served quite a varieties of Chinese roast-Roast Duck, Roast Chicken, Roast Pork and Barbeque Honey Pork (which called Char Siew). We ordered a plate of  $8 BBQ Honey Pork. The menu stated a minimun of 1kg which we don't think we can finished so much, I did a check with the waitress they were happy to serve us BBQ Honey Pork with  a minimun order of $5 or more. It was tender and juicy but however Tony did not like the taste of the BBQ Honey Pork served at this noodle house. It was an individual's preferences, I enjoyed the pork thoroughly as it was not "porky". Hahaha...
  

Roast Duck Noodle Soup

Tony had Roast Duck Noodle Soup, the duck enjoyed alot of praises from Tony but not the noodle. He is not a rice or noodle person. Only Chinese cannot survive without rice and noodles in a meal.

Fried Crispy Wonton
Golden Barbeque Noodle House
296D Dominion Road
Balmoral
Auckland
Phone: 09-638 6878

Cripsy Fried Wontan was also part of our dish. It was a good entree, not oily. The pork was beautifully cooked without being dry. Thumb up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...