Monday, August 15, 2011

15th Aug 2011-Dusting of Snow in Auckland


Today was one of the coldest day I have expeienced in Auckland after more than a year stay here. This polar front is bringing snow to parts of New Zealand which do not usually see it and even Auckland.  Everyone in Auckland was excited about the dusting of snow,  as the last time  snow settled  in Auckland was back in the early 1960s. The temperature was low enough for the snow fell. It was really a rare sight. I was reallly hoping to see the dusting of snow when I got home from work today, too bad I was not lucky enough. Yesterday, Wellington too was covered with heavy snow as well.. Tony was born in Wellington and never experienced snow in Wellington when he was staying there before moving to Auckland. According to the news, Wellington last snowed about 40 years back. Many places in here in New Zealand will see snow that haven't seen it in a very long time and maybe some places, ever. 

According to the Metservice, the weather in Auckland tonight will be cold enough for snow, with  less wind expected, flakes will have a better chance of settling. I was so excited about it and told Tony. He suggested that we go out early for a drive before my work maybe we got a chance of catching a glimpse of snow in Auckland. However, this BIG chill is likely to last a few days till mid week. Lol... I promise I will post some picture here if I am able to see a glimpse of snow. :) 

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Ha! good luck to see snow later! :)
Yes, I love snow, so far been to places where I witness snow... korea, china, Hokkaido... it's cold, but romantic... keke... :)

Unknown said...

蔡总, I am still waiting for snow...my neck is getting longer waiting...guess I am not so heng lah...:)Lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...