Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lone Star Restaurant

This morning, Tony flew down to Wellington again. He was back from Wellington on Thurs and there he went again for his selling, I am all alone again for 3rd time. Next week, he will be away again to Cairns after coming back this upcoming Wed. These few weeks have been hectic for him. So on Friday, he decided to bring him out for dinner as both of us have ran out of ideas what to cook. It was really difficult to think of what to cook and I now understand what my mum has gone through daily planning and cooking for my family back in Singapore which at times, she did expressed don't know what to cook each day. Actually, we even have problem deciding what cuisine/restaurant to go for/to for dinner. Tony suggested Malaysian or Thai, I was really sick of these two choices then I suggested we go for Western Cuisine instead as we have never tried that since I came over last April 10.

He bought me to Lone Star Restaurant in New Lynn, this was the 2nd time I been to this restaurant. The 1st time was back in early 2010 when I was here for a hoilday and we drove down to Gisborne and it was where my first experience of this restaurant.

As it was a Friday's night, the restaurant was packed we have to wait for 15minutes for our table. We went to the bar to have some drinks while waiting. Usually, we will have Burbon Coke as our drink. For a change, I had Mojito Cocktail while Tony had Bounty Hunter, both were nice as it was beautifully concocted.

We ordered a scallops as our entree but was very disappointing. The scallops were not fresh(as it was afrozen scallops) and was not worth the price we paid for. As for our main, I had a Hollywood Chicken which was their special for the day, Tony had a Feelgood Beef Fillet. My chicken was succulent and delicious though the plating was a bit sloppy. Tony's beef fillet was a bit tough though the taste was good as commented by him. I had their Pork Ribs on my 1st visit, which in fact you will see most patrons ordered this dish as it seems to be their signature dish for those who wanted to visit this restaurant. We enjoyed the ambience of this restaurant and we go back again soon. :)

 

Address:
3 Totara Avenue, New Lynn,
Auckland, New Zealand.
Ph:(09)826 1906
Cafe Hours:
Restaurant
Monday - Friday 5pm - late
Saturday and Sunday 4.30pm - late

Bar Hours:
Monday - Friday 5pm - late
Saturday and Sunday 4.30pm - late
http://www.lonestar.co.nz/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...