Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mini Meat Loaves Wrapped in Bacon

 I saw this Food Magazine in Countdown last month(June 2010) and was attracted by the front page featuring the French Onion Soup. I love this soup and has been wanting to learn how to cook this. The magazine featured alot of simple and easy to cook dishes. I have bookmarked alot of pages and confidently I told Tony that I will cook some of the dishes that were featured in the magazine after my 2 weeks trip home to Singapore in June. It has been a month since I came back to Singapore, I was in a acedia state. Decided to pick myself up by cooking the most simple dishes in the magazine and it must be something that I like. I love Bacon and meat especially Pork and Chicken, so decided to cook this dish -Mini Meat Loaves Wrapped in Bacon last night. It turned out to be a very delicious. This recipe was from Foodtown magazine. These mini meat loaves are ideal to serve during parties.


Ingredients:
2 Teaspoons of Olive oil
1 Small Yellow onion-Finely Chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic-Finely Chopped
1 Stick of Celery (optional-I do without this as I don't like Celery)
600g of Pork mince or Chicken mince
1 Green Apple-Peeled and Grated
1 Tablespoon of Chopped Fresh Sage (You can substitute this with Dry Sage which you can get it in the spices department)
1 Egg
1/2 Cup of Breadcrumbs
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
12 Streaky Bacon

1. Preheat the Oven to 180C.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and celery and cook for 5mins or until the oinion is soft. Set aside to cool.
3. Place mince meat, onion mixture, grated apple, sage, egg, breadcrumbs and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix together well.
4. Wet your hands, divide the mixture into 12 mini loaves and wrapped each with a streaky bacon.
5. Place the meatloaves into an oven tray lined with baking paper.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-30mins or until the meatloaves are cooked through and the bacon is browned and crisp.
7. Serve with mashed potatoes or vegetables of your choice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...