Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sugi Biscuits ( Snow Balls/Ghee Biscuits)


I have bought a tub of Ghee from Indian Spice store, wanting to make Roti Cani/Roti Prata I have attempted 4 times but did not succeed. As it was a big tub and so far I have no luck with the Roti; I have yet to give up hope and will still keep trying; decided to look for some recipe that uses Ghee else I am not sure if I will ever use Ghee other than the recipe for Roti. Found a Sugi Biscuits Recipe which reminded me of an airport colleague-Malliga who will alway made these biscuits during Haya Raya and will gave me a bottle of the biscuits to bring home. It was so sweet of her. I love these biscuits.

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Plain Flour (or slightly more)
1/2 Cup Cornflour
1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
3/4 Cup Ghee
2 Tablespoons Milk Powder
A pinch of salt (optional)
Icing Sugar for dusting

1. Melt ghee over a low heat or in a microwave for 1min. Set aside to cool
2. Mix the milk powder, cornflour, salt, sugar and flour together.
3. Pour in the melted ghee mixture into the dry ingredients and blend well. Knead the mixture until a dought is formed. The dough should be soft and should not stick to your hands. If it is too sticky, add a little bit more flour.
3. Form little balls with the dough and place on baking tray. Bake at a pre heated oven at 170 degree celsius for about 20 minutes or when they're done.

4. Let cool and then dust the cookies with icing sugar or roll the cookies to coat with icing sugar. Keep in airtight container. I do not have icing sugar so I used caster sugar instead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...