Friday, June 22, 2012

Cheese Scones


It has been quite a while since I last baked scones. Tony has a sweet tooth and requested me to make some sweet scones for him. Me on the other hand, is trying to cut down the intake of refined sugar. In fact, we have been doing it together cutting down on sugar but he has given up while I am still sticking to my plan.  I am more of a savoury person than sweet so cutting down on sugar is not that difficult for me. Last night, I baked some sweet scones for Tony and at the same time decided to make myself some savoury one. Inside my fridge, the only savoury ingredient that I can make scone with is a block of cheese. I supposed I can only make cheese scone with that since I am too lazy to drive out to get other ingredients just make do with what I had.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
30g Butter
1/3 Cup milk or slightly more
1/2 Cup Cheese


1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Sift dry ingredients and then rub in butter until mixture is like breadcrumbs, then add cheese.
3. Make a well in the centre. Add milk. Mix with a flat-bladed knife until mixture forms a soft dough, adding more milk if required. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth (don't knead dough too much or scones will be tough).
4. Roll out until dough into a 2cm thick round. Using a 5cm(diameter) round cutter, cut out into round disc. 
5. Place on greased tray and brush with milk.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...