Friday, October 28, 2011

Banana Bread

Tony was craving for Banana cake and made a request for me to bake it. However, I decided to try baking banana bread instead...as I have never bake that before. I searched on the internet for Banana Bread recipe, looking at some of the banana bread recipes I realised that the ingredients and method are quite similar. Initally I thought the difference is the ingredient-milk. In cake recipe, it called for the use of milk and not in the bread recipe. As I go through more banana bread recipes I came to realise that in fact some banana bread recipes called for the use of milk as well...... I can't really find any distinct difference in Banana Cake and Banana Bread. Well...the only difference I can think of is the type of baking pan used- Banana Cake is baked in a round pan while Banana Bread is baked using a loaf pan. Hahaha...

I decided to bake in a loaf pan, so I called it a Banana Bread. The recipe is adapted from  here. This is really simple and easy to bake..

Ingredients:
3 or 4 ripe Bananas, mashed
75g Butter, Melted
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 Cups of All-purpose Flour

No need for a mixer for this recipe.


1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.

2. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.

3. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.(I lined the loaf pan with baking paper instead). Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...