Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quality Trip with quality time spent with my mum

My trip home was very priceless as the time I spent with my family was very valuable since I have been living in Auckland for almost a year. I had a lot of quality time with my mum. I arrived a few days before Chinese New Year, there was lot of marketing to be done. Each year, all my families members will come to my house for reunion dinner. It was also a norm for them to gather at my place for lunch, at times stayed over for dinner on first few days of the New Year. Excluded my dad, there will be 25 of us (including my siblings & partner as well as nephews and nieces). My mum will always have to whip up big portions of dishes to feed us. She will also start to stock up some meats 2 weeks before the New Year as the prices of food will increase in prices as it drew nearer to New Year. As age is catching up for my mum and being very petite in size( she now weighs only 35kgs), I have to ask my sisters to bring her to help out with the marketing prior to my return. So when I got home, I will help her with the balance of the marketing that she needs to do. I was very happy to be still able to help my mum with the preparation of New Year by accompanying her to do her marketing. It was a joy to be able to be with her carrying the groceries for her. It was the best quality time I have spent with her so far in my life. As I age, I start to appreciate her more and more. I used to take things for granted but not now, all this little actions of mine became more meaningful. On top of accompanying her to do marketing and helping out with New Year preparation, I stayed at home most of the time chatting with her and to be with her.

Just before I returned to Auckland, I bought her a brand new bicycle and a portable radio. I seriously don't encourage her to cycle at her age but she can be very stubborn so I decided to get her a smaller bicycle with better safety features (the old bicycle has only one brake at the front and is hard to manoeuvre) , so that she can ride safely and I can have a peace of mind here. The old radio which she had was too sophisticated for her as she does not know how to tune it digitally. The one I got for her was the type she used in her era. I am glad that I have done all these before I returned, she is enjoying the new radio and appreciating the bicycle. Mother, please ride safely and know that I love and appreciate you.

This was indeed a quality trip with time well spent with my mum. Appreciate your love ones and leave with no regrets!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...