Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cause of my food posioning in Singapore

Does this bowl of noodle looked delicious to you? It indeed looked delicious to me, albeit maybe the cause of my food posioning on day 2 of my trip home. This was Curry Chicken Noodle (加厘糆) from Bedok Bus Interchange Hawker Centre.

On day 2, I went to Bedok to meet one of my friend-Liyi for catching just before he returned to Malaysia for the Chinese New Year's Celebration. This hawker has a few of my favourite hawker's food  like Fried Carrot cake, Sliced Fish Soup, Mee Soto, Nasi Lemak, Yong Tau Foo and this Curry Chicken Noodle. It was the craving of that day, which made me decided to go for this dish (though Auckland does have a Malaysia's Resturant that sells this just that somehow the taste is slightly different as it is ver mild caters more toward the Kiwi's taste). The gravy was cooked with coconut milk/cream, coconut milk/cream turned stale easily. It was late afternoon when I had this, and that night I had runs. I had to visit doctor the following day, it did not stopped after medication so I had to pay a second visit to the doctor (it was Food Poisoning according to doctor) as I wanted to be well before Chinese New Year. Sad to say, I recovered only on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year. Because of this, the following my stomach was usually feeling bloated and did not really catch up with the To eat/Must Eat list of Singapore's food which I had been craving for. Looked like I will have to KIV this list for my next trip home. Hahaha....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...