Saturday, January 1, 2011

Braised Pork with Potatoes

I have not been updating my cooking blog for very long time. Reasons being I have been cooking the same old dishes and plus I have started working a month ago. I was craving for my mum's Braised Pork, so I decided to create this dish with seeking any help from my mum based on the memory I had for this dish. It is cooked with dark soy sauce, my mum don't put potatoes in this dish as Tony and I love potatoes so I put some in this dish. It is very simple to prepare and it turned out close to what my mum has cooked.

Ingredients:
500g Pork cut it into big chunks
2 Medium Size Potatoes, peeled it and cut into chunks
3 Cloves of Garlic, Mashed it and remove the covering
1 Star Aniseed
4 Cloves
4 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoon of THICK Dark Soy Sauce
100ml of Water
1 1/2 Teaspoon of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Seasame Oil
1 Tablespoon of Oil

1. Heat up a pot with the oil, fry the garlic for awhile then add in the Star Aniseed and Cloves. Fry it for a minute.
2. Add in the pork cubes, stir constantly for 2minutes. Add in the Soy Sauce and Thick Dark Soy Sauce. Mix well with the pork. Cover the pot and simmer it for a minute.
3. Add the water to the pot and put in the potatoes. Bring it to boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15minutes till the potatoes turned soft. Stir the pot every 5 minutes.
4. Add in the sugar and seasame oil and simmer for further 2 minutes. Test the taste and adjust according.
5. Served over rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...