Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Busy...just for Kiwi's Home Party

I have been very busy for the past few days and including the next few days till Sunday. Why? Tony is holding a party this Sat's night for about 16 people. And why is he holding this party? Firstly, Tony's late partner's son-Dave and his wife-Havley, who are also Tony's close friend will be relocating to Sydney soon, it was a farewell party for them. Secondly, due to some misunderstanding last year during a fishing with his brother,John...both of them have not been in a talking term until recently John's daughter Jennifer (Tony's niece) gave birth, John texted Tony. In the end, they reconciled. So the party was an excuse to invite John over.

Because of this upcoming party, we have been doing alot of cleaning up for the house as well as going out purchasing wines, beers, new plates and culteries. We have been doing gardening too to beautify the house too. It has been very tiring and taxing for me as I don't enjoy home party especially the preparation and the cleaning up. Not only that, Tony was supposed to help me on Sat (as he had promised me that he will not booked any golf game on that day), however he was qualified for the Club's Champion as such he has to play  on Sat's noon, I will be left alone to do all the preparation of food for the party. Sad to say, because of this party my mind has been active during bedtime...full of anxieties...planning how to cope that day and what to do...what to buy....That is the nature of an Aquarius....a planner and like to be organised.

I am somehow not looking forward to this party at all...I wanted to object to it however I don't want to be a wet blanket. Out of the 16 guests invited, I only know Dave and Havley..so I will have to do alot of small talk to break the ice which I don't enjoy as there isn't any common topic...cos the rest of the guests are of the same age as Tony. How I wish the guests are my friends from Singapore. I miss all my friends in Singapore...we can chat anything under the Sun...cultural differences I supposed. Now just wish that the party will be done and over soon....

2 comments:

Katherine said...

oh my! Relax May, I understand it can be pretty tiring to org a home party esp for a gp that is more than 10... But then, just try your best! and utimately try to enjoy the process... tell yourself you are doing it for Tony, and things will be much easier. :)
Home party may not seems difficult, what kind of food to prepare is very impt, if can search for easy and fuss free recipe or order some from outside too (i learnt the trick recently, order and then just re-layout them in own plates.. haha)... You must remember, you need to be pretty & happy to receive guests on the day of party, and not somemore who look messy and "oily" in the kitchen!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

We are preparing something simple-8kg of Ham, BBQ Beef and Salmon, Salads...etc...Actually, i hate to entertain....and cleaning..hahaha...just sian with pple I am not familar with..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...