Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Call Pan Pressure Pan (Basic Pan)


I returned for a home trip on end May, before I went home I rang my mum asking her if she would like to have a Happy Call Pan (HCP) as I would like to order one online for her and hopefully it will be delivered during the time I was back in Singapore and I can demonstrate to her how to use before my trip back to Auckland. Mum is aware of this HCP, during my Chinese New Year's trip back, HCP has been advertised heavily in Singapore TV's advertisement. Mum and I do talk about it when the TV aired it,  both of us were not sure if it was really that fantastic as what they claimed on the TV so we did not get into it and buy one. Recently,my friends posted on Facebook (FB) on it and raved on how good it was, it stirred up my interest on it again, check with my FB contact them for more information and in their opinion it is a great pan to invest on; decided to get one for her howvever mum is about the weight of the pan as she is old and hands are weak, I did a check on the weight and found that a smaller one which is a basic one might be ideal for her. She agreeded to have one; I do not want to order something that she don't like and did not use that was why I need to ask her for opinion.
The HCP arrived shortly after I landed in Singapore. It came  directly from Korea. Well packed and came with a English Manual too. Why is this pan so popular: Convenient, shortens the cooking time with pressure retention technology; cook without oil; no oil splatters and greasy stains on cooking area - save time in cleaning up after cooking. 
I have extracted a video of this Happy Call Pan (HCP) which some called it Flip and Cook pan. As you simply just shake, flip and cook .

Description
Use for foods with a lot of moisture or fat. eg. A steak, a barbecue, vegetables etc.
01 Functional pressure magnet
Improving the pressure function of the pan.
02 Stainless steel handle holder
Connecting the handles to the pan.
03 Silicon packing
Preventing an escape of odor an smoke from pan.
04 Oil receiver
Receiving oil or water flown down from the upper pan.
05 Grooved rim
A grooved structure helps the pressure function of the pan by fitting the silicon packing into the groove.
06 Functional handle
Ergonomic design to handle in comfort and in safe.
07 Spec
27cm wide, 23cm long, 6cm high and 1555g of weight.


When the HCP arrived, my mum bought a fish for me to experiment with it and also to demonstrate to her the use of the pan. Both of us felt that we should use some oil to cook the fish though it was advertsed that you can do without it. We were skeptical that the fish would not taste good if no oil was used. We cooked it with alittle bit of oil. It turned out to be good, crispy on the skin and moist inside. It was really no mess at all better than the traditional method of frying it on a open pan. It did taste better as it locked it the moisture inside the fish while remaining crisp outside. However, mum found the pan too small for her. Every day, mum has to cook for my sister's and my brother's families which including mum, my son and another brother which is 11 of them. She prepared the dishes for them and they will come and pick it up daily.

 The pan will be way too small, she wanted me to bring it back to Auckland instead. I did suggest to her that in that case I should consider ordering a bigger pan for her; she was worried that with the food inside the pan it will be too heavy for her to flip. I shared the same concern as well. Her safety is the utmost prority. We scarpped the idea totally. I bought back the pan eventually.

Now, I have jumped into Happy Call Pan's bandwagon and be a happy fan too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...