Saturday, June 23, 2012

Easter's Short Getaway-Matakana's Farmer Market and Omaha


This blog has been long overdue, sitting in my draft folder for a few months. As there were quite alot of photos in this post and I was worried that I might max my capacity as result I procastinating in completing this post. Actually, I have more than a few posts that were still in my draft folder-My Fiji's Holiday (2years back) and My Perth's Holiday (last Dec), as these holidays posts can be very lengthy involving a lot of photos and time to recall and put in together, hopefully I will complete it one of these days...first of all, I better completed this post first-My Easter's Short Getaway.

With Good Friday and Easter Monday were Public Holidays, there were 4 days which I got a break off  from work. The feeling was great, 2 short working week. Tony decided to bring me up to Omaha for a night getaway. Why only a night ? He has a golf tournament on Friday and Monday, so we can only stay a night on Sat. In fact, I do not like the idea of going away just for a night, he insisted...even though it was just a night. He felt that we should do something different rather than staying in the house again.  

We left for our trip early that morning, as I knew that there was a  Farmer's Market going on at Matakana Village on every saturday and shared with Tony that it might be a good idea for us to pop by before going to Omaha since it was on our way.  By the time we got, the crowd was already building up. It was a lovely market with a lot of local produce. I enjoyed the atmosphere with lot of people, it was due to whre I was come Singapore-a city bustling with activities and people. This village and market just brought me closer to home, feeling extremely comfortable and warm.  Check out here for  Matakana Village and their Farmer's Market details. Beside the farmer's market, the village itself is a big attraction too as it has a rustic feel. Took some photos to share. This is a market worth visiting if you have the time.




This was a Macademia Coffee Slice which I had, it was nice but somehow I found it way too sweet for my palate.

Environmental Friendly Market with interesting recyle bins' labels
There were quite a lot to explore in this market just like this shop below:  The Cream of Matakana. It is a gift shop that specialize  retro cool groovy gifts that are made in NZ. The moment I stepped into the shop, I love it and the feeling of nostalgia set in. It just felt so warmth at heart we spent about half an hour in the shop browsing through the wide selection of gifts. I just feel like bringing everything home.



Just before we left the market and proceed to Omaha, I grabbed the chance bought myself a Thai Spicy Sauage at one of the stall.  We went to a nearby cafe to have breakfast, those that we had at the market were just starters for breakfast. Heehee...


In less than half an hour drive from Matakana's farmer market, we arrived at at Bed & Breakfast. This was where we stayed. The units on the right are for Bed and Breakfast, the owner-Shirley and family stayed on the unit on the left. She is very friendly and made us feel at home. We had the 2nd floor unit for our one night stay.


It was an ensuite with a living space, bathroom and a balcony. The enviroment was very cosy.



After we got settled, we went to the Omaha's Beach for a stroll. Omaha is indeed a nice and relaxing place for a short weekend getaway! We will definitely come back again during Summer!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...