Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chicken Curry Soup


I was craving for some curry flavoured dish, but at the same time do not want the heaviness the coconut milk gives in Chicken Curry. I decided to create a Chicken Curry Soup which I had tasted. It was a Cambodia Chicken Curry which I had at a takeaway cafe at my workplace. It does not seem to contain coconut milk, it was somehow light and a nice flavour coming from Kaffir Lime Leaf. Tried to ask the staff how they cooked it, the staff who is a Cambodian does not seem to understand me; guess she may not want to share the recipe too. I decided to experiment it myself since today I asked Tony to have beef for dinner; every week we will have a day or two where Tony will have either beef or lamb for dinner. Ever since, I started living with him he is having less opportunity of eating them as I don't eat beef or lamb. It was a good day for me to experiment this dish without feeling guilty.  The dish turned out to be good though may not taste like the Cambodian Curry which I had, I like it.

Serving : 1

Ingredients:
350g Skinless Chicken Thighs, about 3
3 Cloves Garlic, skin off
1 inch Thick Ginger, skin off
2 Shallots, skin off
2 inch long lemongrass, white part
1-2 Chillies
1/2 Onion, slice thinly
2 Teaspoon Curry Powder
2 Teaspoon Water
2 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Cup Chicken Stock
1 1/2 Tablespoon Oil
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste


1.Put garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass and chillies into the Mortar and pound into a rough paste. Add the lemon juice and fish sauce into the paste.
2. Add 2 teaspoon of water into curry powder to make into a paste. Mix well with the above mixture. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the paste and saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrance.  Add it the onions,   sauté  until soft.
4. Add in the chicken thighs. Brown both sides then add in chicken stock. Season with salt and sugar to taste. Simmer the chicken thighs in low heat till it ie cooked through.
5. Dish up and serve it with boiled rice or just had it alone. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...