Friday, March 23, 2012

Korean Grilled Pork Ribs


It was that same Friday that I baked the Kumara Cream Cheese Pie that I prepared this dish. That Saturday I had enrolled myself in a course and that same afternoon after the course I need to go to the airport to pick up Tony which will basically leave me with no time to prepare our dinner that night. I have bought some pork ribs that afternoon, I have basically no idea how I was going to cook it. One thing for sure was I must have the pork ribs marinate as I can't stand the stench of the pork.  Internet was the best place to find some marinade for my pork ribs. Found this wonderful Korean Marinade from koreanfood.about.com , however sad to say I can't locate the link of the marinade to link back so as to give due credit. Luckily, I wrote down recipe else I would not be able to share this delicious marinade..

This was  the most delicious marinade ! I marinated the pork ribs overnight, so on Sat's evening upon return back from Airport,  I immediately put the pork ribs to the oven to bake for 2 hours....after 2hours the meat was so tender and  literally falling off the bone.

Serving: 2

Ingredients:
500g Pork Ribs
1/4 Cup (60ml) Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Sugar
6 Cloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons Sherry or Sake
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons Roasted Sesame Seeds
1/2 teaspoon Fresh Grated ginger




1. In a oven bake dish dissolve sugar in soy sauce and Sherry/Sake. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Put in the pork ribs, rub the marinade on both side of the ribs and marinate for at least 1 hour or even overnight.


2. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a pre heated oven at 175°C. Total cooking time can be as short as 2 hours or as long as 4 hours. Flip ribs over halfway through cooking as well as basting  it. Cooking the ribs for 2 hours will result in meat almost falling off the bones.
.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Amazing dear! I am so keen to try this soon... :D

Unknown said...

You should try....:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...