Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pork Chop with Mushroom Cheese Sauce


Pork Chop is one of my favourite "Western Food" in Singapore's food court, saw Pork Chop with bone in at D.H Asian Supermarket and I have been wanting to try cooking  pork chops I have been procastinating because I do not like the pork here in NZ. I really had enough of chicken in my meals thes days. I told myself it might be a good idea to have a sauce to go on top of the Pork Chops. With some tasty cheese leftover from my previous baking, I created a Mushroom Cheese Sauce for it it was also goes well over broccoli. One stone kills 2 birds..which incurring additional time to prepare savoury vegetable. Just microwave the broccoli and pours  cheese sauce over it. I used garlic powder and pepper to season the pork chops which did indeed covered the "porky" stench in the meat. :)   

Serving: 2 persons

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Butter
4 Thick cut Pork Chops (Optional-Bone In)
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder

Mushroom Cheese Sauce
6 Mushrooms, sliced (optional)
2 Tablespoon Flour
1 Cup  Milk
1/2 Cup Grated Tasty Cheese
1/8 Teaspoon Salt 
Ground black pepper

1. Season the pork chops with  pepper and garlic powder for 15mins or more.
2. Melt butter in a pan, over medium heat. Put in the pork chops, fry until no longer pink and the juices run clear, depending on the thickness of the cut. Turn occasionally to brown evenly.
2.Remove chops to a plate and keep warm.
3. Using the same pan, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in the milk. Return the saucepan to heat and stir until the sauce thickens. Add in mustrooms and salt. Season to taste with pepper and add the grated cheese.Taste as you go along and adjust according. Stir until the cheese melts. Remove from heat, pour sauce over pork chop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...