Friday, July 15, 2011

Miso Pan-Fried Pork


For the last one week, I have been using chicken as the main ingredient for dinner. I had enough of chicken, I start to miss pork however at the same time I have phobia of eating New Zealand's pork as it is has a strong stench of porky even after it is cooked. With a half tub of miso paste still sitting in the fridge, thinking why not make use of it. Miso is made of fermented beans and it has strong stench too but maybe it can counter that stench from the pork. I know that miso paste can be used for cooking meat, so I looked in the Internet for miso pork. I read the recipes from different sites, most recipes make use of a few basic ingredients like miso paste, soy sauce, mirin & sugar. I decided to adapt a little and add on a bit of my own recipe to come out this miso pan-fried pork recipe. I have marinated the pork overnight as I am hoping that it will cover the stench of pork. Result came out to be good as the miso covered the stench of pork.

Serving: 2
Ingredients:
300g Boneless Pork belly (You can cut into 5mm thick if you want to)
1 Tablespoon Miso paste
1 Tablespoon Sake
1 Tablespoon Mirin (Japanese Sweet Cooking Wine)

1/2 Tablespoon Soy sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sesame oil
2 Tablespoon Cooking oil


1.Put all the ingredients except pork into a plastic ziplock bag. Mix the ingredients together by massaging the bag with your hands. It will take a while to mix due to the miso paste is thick. 
2. Once you have mix the ingredients, put the pork into the ziplock bag.Close the bag, try to remove as much air from the bag.
3. Massage the pork with the marinade in the bag so that the pork is well cover.
4. Marinate for at least one hour or even overnight.( I have it marinated overnight)
5. Heat up a skillet with oil in medium heat. Put the pork in the skillet(without the marinade but do not throw away the marinade), brown both sides of the pork.
6. Add in the marinade once you have brown the pork, cover it and simmer it in low heat. In between, turn  the pork to ensure it is cooked evenly.
7. Remove from heat once it is cooked. Serve it with vegetable and rice. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...