Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mid-Winter's Shopping Spree


Late Friday's night, Tony decided to cancel this golf session on Saturday as the weather forecast that there will be heavy rain. He decided to bring me shopping, I have to decide  where to shop. As we do not want to travel far, as the weather was cold. We opted to go to Newmarket to do our shopping. There is a Farmer Department store which we wanted to buy more duvet cover and bedsheets and there is also a "Forever New" boutique in Westfield Shopping Centre which I wanted to look a dress in the new Spring/Summer's Collection  which I saw at the window display in their boutique in Sylvia Park last Wednesday doing my Stocktake  which was inappropriate for me to try while at work.

We went to Farmer to get our bedsheets and duvet cover, subsequently we went over to the  Forever New boutique. There are only 2 boutique in New Zealand-Newmarket and Slyvia Park. This is one of my favorite brand in New Zealand apart from Max boutique, this is brand is from Australia, they have nice and trendy collection with nice pastel shades. It is far different from the rest of the retail shops selling dark shades of colours-black, charcoal and grey. On top of that, their prices are quite reasonable. 

In the end the, that dress that I was eyeing for does not suit me at all. Prior to winter, I have been looking around for either a cape or a military style coat for this winter. The search has been fruitless. Until yesterday at Forever New, I found one that has the 2 elements I was searching for. I fell in love immediately and by hook or crook I must get it. This military stye cape is beautiful, as there are much much sizes left, I have to settled for a size bigger because I can't give myself a good reason not to get it. The Spring/Summer's collection-Sunset Boulevard a retro inspired florals is just too tempting..to give it a miss. In the In the end, I gota another Garden Fora Kaftan. 

On the way back, we walked past Ecco's shoes shop Tony popped in. There are alot of boots, he wanted to try on some boots while he tried on his golf shoes. He is a fan of Ecco as he believed that they are great shoes. I was introduced to this brand last year when I was in Sydney and bought a pair of their canvas. It was indeed comfortable and of good quality.  The 1st pair of boots that caught my attention was also the one that I got in the end after trying on more than 6 pairs of boots in the shop. One pair of boots for me and a pair of golf shoes for him.

Then further down the road, another shoes shop caught Tony's attention because of the crowd in the shop. A funky ankle's boot looking very comfy with an attractive price tag called out to me to try it on though I don't have the intention to buy anymore after spending close to a K in a day. It was so comfy, this is probably the most comfortable pair of shoes after 1st try. It was so irresistible, Tony said that I should shout (buy) myself this pair as he has shouted everything I got today. After hesitating for awhile, (not because of the price, I have too many pairs of shoes here that I hardly had any more room) I said "Sure". In the end, he picked up the tab as he has a changed of heart. :) Thank you, Tony!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...