Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bunga Raya Malaysian Restaurant大紅花餐厅

I have difficulty falling asleep last night so did not have a good sleep. Managed to sleep at 3am and got up at 8am. I am feeling stressful and also very home sick after spoken to my son last night. He was not keen in coming over to visit me in Nov if his cousin is not coming with him as he said he may feel bored here with companion, which may be quite true as I am bored here too. So I will get to see my mom and son only next year Chinese New Year...how sad it was for me. Missing them so much...can't share with Tony as I don't want him to feel bad and sad. It is never easy to leave home especially when I have a strong bonding with my mum and son. In fact deep in my heart, I am actually struggling badly.

Tony was at golf, I drove out to get some groceries at New Lynn. Feeling moody and homesick,  and looking for comfort I decided to go to this Malaysian Restaurant. Tony and I have been there a couple of times. They serve nice Malaysian Cuisines like Curry Chicken Noodle Laksa, Curry Chicken with Roti Canai, KL Hokkien Noodle, Nasi lemak etc...It is a simple and basic restaurant without lavishing decoration. Setup is just like those restaurants you can find it rural part of Malaysia. The prices are very reasonable and the dishes are almost authentic with slight difference guess  may due to the availabilities of spices and ingredients in NZ.


The restaurant is called:
Bunga Raya Authentic Malaysian Cuisine.
It located at:
Unit 2/3062 Corner of Great North Road and Memorial Drive, New Lynn
Tel: (09) 827 8666/ (09) 826 0969
They are closed on Tuesday
It is advisable to book for dinner to avoid disappointment.
It is in between  New Lynn's Mc Donald and ANZ Bank.(New Lynn Bus Terminal);
Opposite to Denny's Restaurant @ New Lynn Mall



Curry Chicken Noodle Laksa is my favourite dish, the last time we went. It has been sold so I ordered this this afternoon. I can find some comfort in this dish as my mum used to cook it and it tasted somehow just like my mum's laksa. It was really comforting though I miss her presence and wish she and my son are here enjoying the dish with me.

This big bowl of curry chicken noodle laksa is priced at NZ$10.90 which was reasonable as the ingredients were fresh...I love the chicken as it was succulent. If you like laksa just like me, you will have to go there early to avoid disappointment as this Laksa, is one of the restaurant's popular dish!


2 comments:

Guatyen said...

sorry to hear about your predicament, i guess it is not easy leaving family behind, and i do hope that you'll be able to meet your son soon. sending good thoughts and loves to you.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Alison!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...