Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pakuranga's Saturday Night Market


If you are an Asian residing in Auckland and has never been to Pakuranga's Night Market, perhaps you should consider going this Sat with your family or friends. Came to know their existence through a Taiwanese Staff who was on work holiday visa at Love A Duck restaurant. Because she is Chinese, while waiting for my takeaway we chatted. She seems to know more about Auckland then me. Hahaha...maybe here in NZ is too boring that I have lost interest and I am resigned to fate that "it is what it is", nothing can change the fact that NZ is a boring and dull place lacks of activities. On my way home from my takeaway, the radio was also promoting this night market.  I shared with Tony about this night market when I got home. I shared with him that this night market was setup under a covered car park in Pakuranga's Westfield Shopping Mall. He was surprised and said that he will bring me there one of the Sat's night. And yes, we did. Of course, before arriving there Tony kept telling me to lower down my expectation, in case I was utterly disappointed.   The market turned fantastic-far exceeded my expectation. There were about 40 to 50 amazing food stalls cooking up tasty street snacks and delicacies at affordable prices. Bring along cash with you when you go as the stalls take only CASH. The big draw here was the food stalls as you can sample traditional snack from all over the world which some of it were only available here in the night market.  This night market is definitely worth visiting than the Chinatown in Ti Rakau (At Botany). The Chinatown in Botany was just a failure, except the food court. 

So far, we have visited the night market many times, I was too busy sampling the food that I did not have extra  hands to take some photos. On my last visit, I decided to take some photos as I wanted to share this fantastic night market with Aucklanders who may have ran out of ideas where to go on a Sat's night. This is definitely a great option for young and old. A big thumb up for the organisers, they did a good job for bringing Auckland to life on a Saturday's night.

 My advice to all: Have cash with you and do not shower before you go; you will feel greasy after the visit so shower after this visit. :)   




Video on Pakuranga's Night Market (extracted from YouTube)



Taiwanese Snack -Oyster's Omelette (Cooking in process)

You may want to check out at  their website : Pakuranga's Night Market

Saturday Night Market, Westfield Pakuraga, Cnr Ti Rakau Drive and Reeves Rd, Pakuranga.
Every Saturday's Night 6pm to Midnight
Rain or Shine (Sheltered under a Car Park)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...