Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Jersey Boys-Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons




















On Friday, Tony popped up the question if I wanted to watch the Jersey Boys Show with him. He claimed that his friend Ray said that the show was awesome, Tony showed great interest in watching; actually this was not the first time he asked me just that I did not give him any answer. He said that the show was coming to an end, as I do not want him to miss out on this show I agreed to go with him though I absolutely got no idea what Jersey Boys was all about. Tony told me it was about Frankie Valli and the four seasons??? I stared at him blankly too, who are they too ??? He told me to google on my iPhone on their songs, he was sure that I would have heard their songs before. I heard the song "Big girls don't cry" and very well know this "Can't take my eyes off you" as it was a popular Beer's advertisement song in Singapore some years back so it does ring a bell however I did not know that it was one of Frankie Valli's greatest hits. We went on YouTube to listen to some of their songs, Tony just wanted me to be comfortable with this musical we were watching. It did arouse my interest on them, so I went to book the Sunday's show which was the last 2nd show. We managed to get good seats.

What a show! The music was really awesome, the cast was strong and polished, it was the music that the steals the show. I really enjoyed the music though there were some songs it was the first time I heard them. Somehow when the songs were played, there was a feeling of nostalgia. It was a fantastic performance by the Jersey Boys. Just to share a bit more on The Jersey Boys.

The Jersey Boys ia an award winning musical The Four Seasons. The story of how 4 blue-collar boys became one of the greatest successes in pop music history. They wrote their own songs, invented their own sounds and 175million records worldwide-all before they were thirty!
The Jersey Boys is the first time the behind-the-scenes story of Frankie Valli and the Four Sesaons has ever been told.

The Jersey Boys features 20 Four Seasons hit songs including “Sherry”, “big Girls Don’t Cry”, “Rag Doll”. “Oh What a night” , "My Eyes Adored You" and “Can’t Take My Eyes Off you”.

Winner of 54 International Awards. We were glad to be able to catch the last 2nd show in Auckland. Here I am sharing some of their greatest hits extracted from youtube with all of you. Sit back, relax and enjoy!


Oh What a Night


Sherry

My Eyes Adored You

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...