Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Peach and Cream Cheese Muffin


I was at one of our local Supermarket, usually I would not walk into the bakery section. Somehow that day, while walking down the aisle I was lured in by the smell of fresh bread. The peach and cream cheese muffins at the bakery shelves were calling for my attention, they were telling me perhaps I should get some for Tony. I was tempted to get, on the other hand I was contemplating whether should I bake it myself. I thought to myself, why not? Since it was a Saturday that day, moreover I can add one more cream cheese recipe to my cooking/baking collection. Sounds great… Immediately, I took out my iphone and started to look in the internet for peach and cream cheese recipe. Managed to find one recipe.. that matched what I wanted to baked.

Recipe was adapted from en.petitchef.com

Serving: 12 Muffins
 
Ingredients :
125g Butter
250g Cream Cheese, room temperature
200g Caster Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (I substituted with Vanilla Essence)
2 cups of Self-Raising flour, sifted
380g Peach (canned peaches), cut into small chunks

1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line 12 jumbo muffin pans with paper case
2. Place the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electrical beater and beat till fluffy and pale.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat after every addition until incorporated.
4. Add the vanilla bean paste and fold in the flour (1/2 a cup at a time) and a pinch of salt.
5. Add in the peaches and mix well.

 
6. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25mins or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...