Monday, December 5, 2011

Parmesan Pork Schnitzels

 
Eversince, I discovered that garlic powder can help to remove the "porky" smell in pork(based on my own experience) I am more inclined to whip up pork dishes for dinner. Last Friday, while I was at the supermarket I saw Pork Schnitzels Cut in the meats section I grabbed a pack..though I am not sure when I will cooking it. I have a habit of buying meats and poultry and store it in freezer, it is handy and I can always whip up some meals with it.  Last Sunday, Tony and I were too lazy to go as it has been raining since morning. I took out the pork schnitzels to thaw then I remembered I have Parmesan Cheese in the fridge, which I can actually cook a Parmesan Porks Schitzels..using almost the same recipe I had for Chicken Schnitzels but with some slight modification in ingredients. It turned out to be yummy and even looked great when I took a photo of it !


Serving 2
Ingredients:
4 pieces Pork Schnitzel/Pork Loin, about 400g
1/4 Cup Dried Breadcrumbs
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
Pinch of Salt
Some Ground Black Pepper
1 Egg, beaten
1/2  Cup Plain Flour
Oil for frying


1. If using pork loins, place pork between 2 sheets plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 5mm thick. Avoid this step if you are using Pork Schnitzel cut.
2.Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Mix well.
3.Beat the eggs in a shallow dish and place plain flour in a shallow dish.
4. First coat pork in plain flour on both sides, shaking off excess. Then dip into the egg then coat the pork with the breadcrumbs mixture. Using your fingertips press it on firmly to secure.
5.Place the pork schnitzels in on a plate. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until required.
 
 
6.Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pork schnitzels and cook for 3 - 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7. Put the pork schnitzels on a paper towels to remove excess oil, served them hot with lemon wedges and fries.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...