Thursday, February 24, 2011

Old Town Coffee-My favourite


Coffee Coffee, Kopi Kopi I  love you. I am totally addicted to Coffee, I drink almost 3 cups of coffee daily it is so addictive as it keeps me awake. I was hooked on to coffee (Kopi) when I started working shift work. Kopi is available everywhere in Singapore's hawker centres/coffeeshops/food courts. Iced Kopi is my love and even my son and my mum know that. My son even knows the regular stall I patronized when I was living in Singapore. Being a regular at that stall in Pasir Ris, the stall assistants  knew  actually I wanted whenever I dropped by. Now that I am living in Auckland, I can never find the type of Kopi here. It was so sad especially when you are an addict. The coffee you get here is Latte, Mocha, and etc...The taste is totally different from the Kopi we got in Singapore or Malaysia, maybe it is due to the coffee beans used as well as the way they brewed the coffee.

I gave up drinking coffee for a short while after I arrived here in Auckland as Latte and Mocha did not satisfied my crave. To me, it is too diluted which I might as well gave up. However, I chanced upon this brand "OLD TOWN COFFEE" one day while shopping at an Asian Groceries Store, the price was doubled that of Singapore's price but I got no choice as I just miss Asian's Kopi. I was familiar with this brand as I have bought it before in Singapore and I personally feel that this is the only 3 in 1 coffee that was strong/thick  enough for an addict like me. I was so happy then as I can continue to enjoy my kopi in Auckland. The happiness was short lived, when I returned back to the store for my replenishment I could never find it again. I  searched around the Asian Stores around my vicinity but with no luck till date. So I told myself I will buy some back during my CNY trip home, I did bought back 3 packets to Auckland. It was too little and will not last me long, I got no choice as my luggage had no room for more. I will have to drink it sparingly as it will help to last longer else when it runs out, I will go crazy and will also be actively searching for this brand in Auckland in hope to find it. Coffee, I can't live without you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...