Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Home for Chinese New Year 2011

I went back to Singapore on 29th Jan 2011, 5 days before Chinese New Year. I was really overwhelmed and very thankful and grateful to Tony for getting me the ticket to go home. It was very important for me to be home as it has been my mom's wish to be able to celebrate the Chinese New Year with her and my families. Chinese New Year is a big festival for Chinese, it is a time for family bonding and gathering. Last Oct, she went through an operation and I wanted to be home to be with her but she asked me not to go home as she hoped that I will be home for New Year instead. My mum being a very thrifty woman did not want me to spend too much money on airticket returning home unnecessarily,  reiterated whenever I rang her prior to her operation.

This was the first time I was away from home for so long...it has been 7 months since I last seen my mother and son. I have been very homesick since late last year. Whenever, I see the word "Singapore" tears just flow and it got worse in the night when I can't sleep. I  was full of anticipation and anxiety for this trip home. I started having sleepless night 2 weeks before my departure. I was worried if the relationship between Wallace and me will get distant ..wild thoughts have been running in and out of my head daily. The 10hrs flight journey was unbearable and restless, finally the plane touched down at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3-a place which I was very familar with, used to be my workplace for 2 years before I went over to Auckland. No words can describe the feelings/emotion I had inside me at that moment. Now, I can really understand the feelings of those who work overseas and returned home once a year for Chinese New Year. It was really really GOOD to be home. My best friend Katherine and her husband Patrick were at the Airport to receive and my son Wallace was there later to receive me after his tuition lesson. I was elated that Wallace made an effort to come to the Airport as it showed that I am still in his heart.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...