Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Muse Cafe (Hong Kong Style Cafe) @ Newmarket


Last Saturday, Tony and I decided to go for a movie. Going for movie has become part of our weekends activites, as we have watched most of the movies titles we wanted to watch..with not much on the our list though. Tony however suggested  "Bridemaids"...this movie has been on the big screen for almost 2 months, did not actually stir up our interest as our must watch list. I agreed since we do not have many movie choices left. We have to go all the way to Newmarket for this movie as the sessions were limited. As we were an hour early and we have not had our lunch, suggested to Tony to go to "Muse Cafe"  for our late lunch. This is a Hong Kong Style Cafe, with a mixture of different Asian foods at affordable prices I have patronised this cafe once for their chicken congee. My stomach has not been feeling good since Friday, it was best to have something light and this cafe would be most ideal with a few varieties of congee on their menu.

Yuan Yang

I ordered myself a glass of Yuanyang or Coffee with tea. This is a very popular  beverage in Hong Kong, made of a mixture of coffee and Hong Kong style milk tea. Though the taste may not be just good as the one served in Hong Kong I was glad to be able to get one here in this cafe. The chicken congee was very comforting for my stomach and also comforting for someone who miss home. The congee reminded me of my mother. My mother and I are big fan of congee, she used to cook fish and chicken congee for our Sunday's lunch when my fussy eater brother was not at home. Mum and I also enjoyed plain porridge, to go with salted egg, pickled vegetable, fermented beancurd , fried beansprout with tou gwa and etc... My definition of congee and porridge are rice porridge, one is cooked with meat, vegetables or seafood while the latter is without.

Tony was on diet, trying to cut down on his carbo intake. He ordered a Fried Chicken thighs minus off the noodles that comes with it. It was just so yummy that he can't believe a simple and tiny cafe served such great food.
 


Muse Cafe
5-11 Kent St
(Shop 2, Newmarket Plaza)
Newmarket
Auckland City
Tel: 09-920 2682

Hours:
Mon – Fri 8:00am – 9:00pm
Sat 9:00am – 9:00pm
Sun 9:00am – 4:00pm

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...